RE-FASHION: PRIVACY NOTICE (UPDATED MAY 2021)
This webpage sets out when and how we use your personal information that you or others provide to us.
WHO WE ARE
We are Re-Fashion Limited, a company registered in England with registration number 11405645 (“Re-Fashion”, “we”, “us”).
Our registered address is c/o Re-Fashion Ltd, Barking House, Market Harborough, Leicestershire, LE16 9NP.
Re-Fashion is the data controller and responsible for this website (the “Site”).
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact Steve Lyons, who is responsible for our data protection compliance by email at [email protected]
HOW DO YOU USE MY DATA?
When you purchase products from our Site
When you purchase products from our Site, we will use your personal information to complete your purchase. The details we collect from you will include your name, address, email address, phone number and payment details.
To complete your purchase, we share your personal information with our subcontractors who are involved in the purchase and delivery process, such as payment providers, and, in some circumstances credit reference agencies who we use to assess fraud, credit and/or security risks.
We need to process your personal information in this way to enter into and perform the contract for the products you have chosen to purchase from us.
When you recycle clothes us
When you send us clothes to sell on, we will use your personal information to process that order. The details we will collect from you will include your name, address, email address and phone number.
You may request for us to send you a Clear-Out Bag to your address for you to fill with your unwanted goods and we will share your personal information with our subcontractors who are involved in the collection process.
When you phone or email us
When you phone us or contact us by email with general queries, we may also handle your personal information (your name, contact details and the other details you provide to us) in order to provide the customer services you have asked us to. This could be when you ask us to provide more information about our products, or explain how our Site works.
We rely on your consent to handle your personal information in this way. If you do not provide us with the personal information we request from you for customer services purposes, we may not be able to fully answer your queries.
When you have expressed an interest in finding out more about us
This section applies if you have opted in to receive marketing communications from us.
We will handle your personal information (such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number and marketing preferences) to provide you with marketing communications in line with any preferences you have told us about.
When we send you marketing emails because you have opted-in to receive them, we rely on your consent to contact you for marketing purposes.
Every email we send to you for marketing purposes will also contain instructions on how to unsubscribe from receiving them.
You are not under any obligation to provide us with your personal data for marketing purposes.
You can tell us that you do not want your personal information to be processed in this way at any time by contacting us at [email protected] or, where relevant, by following the unsubscribe link shown in every marketing communication you receive from us.
To make our Site better:
We will also use your personal information to provide you with a more effective user experience (such as by displaying products on the Site that we think you will be interested in).
Our use of your information in this way means that your experience of our Site will be more tailored to you and that the products you see on our Site may differ from someone accessing the same Site with a different history or browsing habits.
We also share your aggregated, anonymous data with third-party analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
We will also use your personal information for the purposes of making our Site more secure, and to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
We process your data for this reason because we have a legitimate interest to provide you with the best experience we can, and to ensure that our Site is kept secure.
You can prevent us from using your personal information in this way by using the ‘do not track’ functionality in your internet browser. If you enable do not track functionality, our Site may be less tailored to your needs and preferences.
If our business is sold:
We will transfer your personal information to a third party:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, we will provide your personal information to the seller or buyer (but only to the extent we need to, and always in accordance with data protection legislation); or
- if Re-Fashion or the majority of its assets are acquired by somebody else, in which case the personal information held by Re-Fashion will be transferred to the buyer.
We process your personal information for this purpose because we have a legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer. If you object to our use of your personal information in this way, the relevant seller or buyer of our business may not be able to provide services to you.
In some circumstances, we may also need to share your personal information if we are under a duty to disclose or share it to comply with a legal obligation.
Text Marketing and notifications (if applicable):
By entering your phone number in the checkout and initialising a purchase, you agree that we may send you text notifications (for your order, including abandoned cart reminders) and text marketing offers. Text marketing messages will not exceed 10 per month. You can unsubscribe from further text messages by replying STOP. Message and data rates may apply.
WHAT ABOUT TECHNICAL INFORMATION AND ANALYTICS?
Information we collect about you: When you visit our Site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, screen resolution, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators, clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we receive from other sources: We are also working closely with third-party advertising networks, analytics providers, hosting providers and search information providers from whom we may also receive general aggregated anonymous information about you.
We will combine the information you provide to us with information we collect about you.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. We do not use non-essential cookies on your computer’s browser.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 2 years.
WHERE IS MY DATA STORED?
We (and our external third parties) are based within the European Economic Area (EEA) so the processing of your personal information will remain within the EEA.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or those of our third party data storage providers.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR DATA FOR?
If you purchase any products from our Site, we will retain your data for a period of up to 6 years, to ensure that we are able to assist you should you have any questions, feedback or issues in connection with your purchase or if any legal issues arise.
Where we have used your personal information to contact you for marketing communications, if you have opted-in we will contact you at least every 3 years to ensure you are happy to continue receiving electronic communications.
If you tell us that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, we promise to stop sending them to you.
Where we have processed your data for any other reason (such as where you have contacted us with a question in connection with the Site we will retain your data for up to 6 years.
In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT UNDER DATA PROTECTION LAWS
You have the right to object to us handling your personal information when:
- we are handling your personal information based on our legitimate interests (as described in the “How do you use my data” section above). If you ask us to stop handling your personal information in this way, we will stop unless we can show you that we have compelling grounds as to why our use of your personal information should continue; or
- for marketing purposes. If you ask us to stop handling your personal information on this basis, we will stop.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS UNDER DATA PROTECTION LAWS?
You have various rights under the data protection laws, which you can exercise by contacting us. The easiest way to do this is by email at [email protected]
Right of access
You are entitled to receive confirmation as to whether your personal information is being processed by us, as well as various other information relating to our use of your personal information.
You also have the right to access your personal information which we are handling.
Right to rectification
You have the right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal information we hold about you. You also have the right to have incomplete personal information we hold about you completed, by providing a supplementary statement to us.
Right to restriction
You can restrict our processing of your personal information where:
- you think we hold inaccurate personal information about you;
- our handling of your personal information breaks the law, but you do not want us to delete it;
- we no longer need to process your personal information, but you want us to keep it for legal reasons; or
- where we are handling your personal information because we have a legitimate interest (as described in the “How We Use Your Data” section above and are in the process of objecting to this use of your personal information.Where you exercise your right to restrict us from using your personal information, we will then only process your personal information when you agree, except for storage purposes and to handle legal claims.Right to data portabilityYou have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, standard machine-readable format and to send this to another organisation controlling your personal information.This right only applies to your personal information we are handling because you consented to us using it or because there is a contract in place between us.Right to erasureYou have the right to require us to erase your personal information which we are handling in the following circumstances:
- where we no longer need to use your personal information for the reasons we told you we collected it for;
- where we needed your consent to use your personal information, you have withdrawn your consent and there is no other lawful way we can continue to use your personal information;
- when you object to our use of your personal information and we have no compelling reason to carry on handling it;
- if our handling of your personal information has broken the law; and when we must erase your personal information to comply with a law we are subject to.
Right to complain
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, the supervisory authority for data protection issues in England and Wales.
WHAT ABOUT WEBSITES WE LINK TO?
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates.
We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or websites. Please check their policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
HOW DO I CONTACT YOU WITH FEEDBACK?